FAQ for Sub Seeker Advertisers
- What is Sub Seeker?
- How do I register for Sub Seeker? I have an EducationPosts.ie account.
- How do I register for Sub Seeker? I do not have an EducationPosts.ie account.
- What if I've forgotten my EducationPosts.ie password?
- How do I search for a substitute teacher for my school?
- How do I offer a substitute teaching position to a Job Seeker?
- I have a temporary vacancy for more than ten days. How can I find a substitute teacher for this?
- I offered two vacancies but only have one vacancy available. Can I remove a vacancy?
- I no longer need a substitute teacher. Can I delete an accepted offer?
- I need to modify the dates that I require a substitute teacher.
- How will I know if there are no substitute teachers available?
- Is Sub Seeker available to Special Needs Assistants (SNAs)?
- What is the Geolocation slider?
- What do the colours on teacher availability mean?
- How do I get assistance with Sub Seeker?
1. What is Sub Seeker?
Sub Seeker is a service within EducationPosts.ie which facilitates the short-term recruitment of Teaching Council-registered teachers by Department of Education primary and post primary schools, or any teacher with a registered Teaching Council number (Routes 1-5).
• Immediate sub vacancies for up to ten days
• Automatic registration for schools that have advertised on EducationPosts.ie
• Free service to all DE schools – primary & post-primary
• Mobile compatible
• Validation of Teaching Council Registration Number
• View profile of available subs – availability, experience & qualifications and distance from school
• Send offers and receive responses via the portal – emails created automatically
2. How do I register for Sub Seeker? I have an EducationPosts.ie account.
On your EducationPosts.ie Advertiser Dashboard, select ‘Sub Seeker’ and the school (Roll Number) for which you are seeking a substitute teacher.
3. How do I register for Sub Seeker? I do not have an EducationPosts.ie account.
To use Sub Seeker, you must be a DE school and have an account on EducationPosts.ie. If you have not placed an EducationPosts.ie advert previously, your account needs to be verified by the EducationPosts.ie Support Team. Job Advertisers can create an account by either selecting the ‘Register as a Job Advertiser’ button on the home page or by selecting ‘Register’ in the search bar, and follow the steps to create a Job Advertiser account.
4. What if I've forgotten my EducationPosts.ie password?
Click on the 'Forgot Password' link on EducationPosts.ie. This is located directly below the log-in registration section. Enter your email address and click submit. An email will be sent to you to enable you to reset your password. Please check your junk/spam folder as this email may sometimes be redirected.
5. How do I search for a substitute teacher for my school?
Log in to your EducationPosts.ie Advertiser Dashboard > access Sub Seeker on the right hand side of the screen > select 'Find a Sub' > enter the county/counties, school level, number of vacancies, relevant subjects and required dates.
Job Seekers with availability and relevant experience is displayed in the 'Available Subs' results. To view details of the users’ profile, click their name or anywhere on their profile box. To help find a substitute teacher most suited to a school, substitute teachers themselves can provide their most recent subbing experience under ‘Experience’ tab and any additional information that may be of benefit to the school leader in the "Other Relevant Information" tab.
6. How do I offer a substitute teaching position to a Job Seeker?
To make an offer to a teacher, check the circle to the right of their profile. This shows a green tick. You can offer one or more vacancies to multiple teachers by checking the boxes next to the users’ profile. Select ‘Send Offer’ at the end of the page > set expiration time and include Additional Text if required > Confirm Terms and Conditions > select ‘Send Now’. To send an offer to all teachers listed, you can check ‘Select all X’ as shown in the images below.
Teachers receive emails about the offers. It is the teachers' responsibility to accept or decline the offer. The first teacher to accept the position will be successful. SMS messages are not sent to teachers.
The status of your offer will be updated, and you will receive email updates. To protect the accuracy and integrity of Sub Seeker information, it is essential that Job Advertisers send offer emails, and Job Seekers accept job offers through Sub Seeker. This also ensures Job Advertisers’ search history is accurate.
7. I have a temporary vacancy for more than ten days. How can I find a substitute teacher for this?
To advertise substitute vacancies longer than ten days’ duration, please use EducationPosts.ie.
8. I offered two vacancies but only have one vacancy available. Can I remove a vacancy?
If you have offered multiple vacancies and need to reduce the number of vacancies offered, select ‘Remove’ and follow the steps. If the vacancy has already been filled, the substitute teacher will be notified by email.
9. I no longer need a substitute teacher. Can I delete an accepted offer?
To delete the entire substitute position, select ‘Delete’ and follow the steps. If the vacancy was filled, all teachers that accepted the position will be notified. If the vacancy was not entirely filled, all teachers who were offered the position and did not decline will be notified by email. Please note, teachers can also withdraw an accepted offer until midnight before the first day of placement. You will be notified by email if this occurs. It is essential the offer is deleted via the system so the teacher can find work again.
10. I need to modify the dates that I require a substitute teacher.
Select ‘Modify Dates’ to remove dates from the vacancy. Teachers will be notified of these changes by email.
11. How will I know if there are no substitute teachers available?
If there are no substitute teachers available for your chosen date(s), you will be advised to widen your search options. If you fail to find a suitable Job Seeker for the position, please let us know by choosing an option from the dropdown menu under ‘No Suitable Subs’ at the end of the page.
12. Is Sub Seeker available to Special Needs Assistants (SNAs)?
Phase 1 of Sub Seeker is designed for substitute teachers at primary and post primary levels. Once Garda vetting arrangements for SNAs have been resolved such that vetting is valid across all schools, Phase 2 will extend Sub Seeker to SNAs. SNAs and schools will be notified when that functionality is available.
13. What is the Geolocation slider?
The Geolocation slider on Sub Seeker can be used to filter the substitute teachers based on their distance from your school. The teachers' general location is taken from their inputted address on Sub Seeker. If there are no results when the filter is used, the slider distance should be increased to find suitable teachers (i.e. 5km up to 15km or above).
14. What do the colours on teacher availability mean?
If the teacher has marked themselves as available for a specific day on their teacher profile, the day will be green and 'Available'. If the teacher is not available, the day will be red and marked as 'Not Available'. If a day is yellow, the teacher has received an offer of substitute work that they have not yet responded to. If a day is grey, the teacher has unknown availability. Hover over the days on a teacher's profile for more details.
15. How do I get assistance with Sub Seeker?
Sub Seeker is an online service with online support. If you require assistance with Sub Seeker or would like to provide suggestions to the Sub Seeker Support Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, queries are answered in order of receipt during working hours – Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (excluding Bank Holidays and when otherwise notified).