FAQ for Advertisers
- How do I create a Job Advertisers Account?
- What is a Job Advertisers Dashboard?
- What if I've forgotten my password?
- Can I login to EducationPosts.ie using by IPPN username and password?
- How do I advertise a job post on EducationPosts.ie?
- Is there a cost per advert to advertise a job post on EducationPosts.ie?
- When will my advert be activated?
- Can I advertise job posts for more than one school / organisation?
- Can I add additional profiles to my account allowing other individuals to create adverts for my school / organisation?
- How do I amend my billing details?
- Can I view my payment and transaction history?
- How do I amend my school / organisation details?
- Can I amend a draft Advert?
- Can I upload an advert(s) but not submit it for activation?
- Can I amend an advert after I have made payment or it has been submitted?
- Can I upload a document or a link to our school / organisation personalised application form?
- How do I get a copy of the job post advert that I uploaded to the site?
- Can I see how many views my advert has received?
- Can I ask Job Seekers to reference a unique Advert ID when applying for job posts?
- How do I delete an active advert?
- When do I pay for my advert?
- What payment methods can I use?
- Can I pay for a number of adverts together?
- I have advertised a Main / Supplementary panel advert for 5 days, can I re-advertise the same advert for a further 2 days?
- What vacancies are advertised in the ‘Other Education’ section?
- What vacancies are advertised in the International section?
- Should I use a personal email address or a school / work address to create a Job Advertisers account?
- Can I access a Job Seeker and Job Advertiser account with the same email address?
- If I have a query, how do I contact EducationPosts.ie?
1. How do I create a Job Advertisers Account?
Job Advertisers can create an account by either selecting the Register as a Job Advertiser button on the home page or by selecting Register in the toolbar. You can then follow the steps to create a Job Advertisers account.
If you are a new member of a school (principal etc) and need access to an existing school account, login to your EducationPosts.ie account and follow the process here. This will notify existing administrators of your access request. The administrators can then approve your access request if appropriate.
2. What is a Job Advertisers Dashboard?
Once logged into your Job
Advertisers account, you will see a personalised Job Advertisers Dashboard.
Within this view, you can easily see all Draft, Pending, Active and Previous
adverts posted by this account. You can easily amend your profile or billing
details. You can create an advert across all levels and you can purchase
3. What if I've forgotten my password?
Click on the Forgot Password link. This is located directly below the log-in
registration section. Enter your email address and click submit. An
email will be sent to you that will enable you to reset your password.
Please check your junk/spam folder as this email may sometimes be redirected.
4. Can I login to EducationPosts.ie using by IPPN username and password?
Principals and deputy
principals of IPPN member schools can login to EducationPosts.ie by selecting Login in the toolbar and then selecting the purple button Login as IPPN Member. A new screen will appear where you can input your IPPN username and
password. Once you submit your credentials correctly, you will be reverted back
to the Advertiser Dashboard.
5. How do I advertise a job post on EducationPosts.ie?
Job Advertisers will need to create a Job Advertiser account before an advert can be uploaded. Once an account is activated, Job Advertisers can select the Advertise button on the toolbar or select the relevant level in the site footer or you can go to the Advertiser Dashboard and select Create an Advert. You can then follow the steps and input the relevant information to upload your job post details.
6. Is there a cost per advert to advertise a job post on EducationPosts.ie?
There is a cost per
advert to advertise a job post on EducationPosts.ie. The cost per advert varies
according to organisation and advert type. Please proceed to upload your advert
and a total cost will be displayed to you.
7. When will my advert be activated?
Adverts are activated automatically by the system after 30 minutes and are published on the website according to the Requested Activation Date.
During the 30 minute window, a pending advert can be removed and replaced with a new advert if you notice an error. If you need to delete an advert, please see question 20.
New accounts on EducationPosts.ie will have their first advert manually approved by the Support Team. Adverts are activated every
3-4 hours during office hours in order of receipt (9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday). Adverts uploaded to the website after 5.00pm on Friday or anytime on Saturday
and Sunday will be activated the following working day. For public holidays in
Ireland, adverts will be activated the next working day.
8. Can I advertise job posts for more than one school / organisation?
You can create multiple school / organisation profiles within your personalised dashboard by selecting My Organisations(s), select Add School/Organisation and input the relevant details. If you have created multiple school / organisation profiles, when you are creating a new advert you will first be asked (via a dropdown) which school / organisation you are placing that particular job post for before proceeding.
9. Can I add additional profiles to my account allowing other individuals to create adverts for my school / organisation?
You can invite individuals
to create a profile under your account which gives them the ability to create
adverts for your school / organisation. You may wish to implement this for
administrators, etc that place adverts on behalf of your organisation. You can
do this in the Advertisers Dashboard view by selecting Profiles and then
select Add another Profile to your Account. Enter the name and email address. An email will be sent directly to that
individual inviting them to create a new profile within your school /
organisation. The same billing details will apply.
10. How do I amend my billing details?
Billing details can be
amended in the Advertisers Dashboard view by selecting Billing and then
select Edit Billing. These changes will be reflected in all profiles within
your school / organisation.
11. Can I view my payment and transaction history?
Invoices and Receipts are available to view and download under Billing and Payment History. Select the Payment ID and Download to view the details. Transaction details are available under Transaction History.
12. How do I amend my school / organisation details?
In the Advertiser
Dashboard, select My Organisation(s) and then identify the relevant
school / organisation that you need to amend. Under Actions, select Edit
School and make the relevant amendments prior to saving.
13. Can I amend a draft Advert?
You can amend draft
adverts within the Advertiser Dashboard by selecting the relevant advert under the Drafts tab. You will then be able to preview the advert. Scroll down and
select Modify Advert. You can make the necessary changes and click Continue.
14. Can I upload an advert(s) but not submit it for activation?
Draft adverts are available in the Drafts tab until you proceed to checkout. You can email or print a draft advert for further
review should you wish to so by selecting the relevant advert to Preview Advert
and then select the download to PDF button or Share to your email.
15. Can I amend an advert after I have made payment and/or it has been submitted?
Existing Users can cancel a pending advert within 30 minutes of submitting to the website. A credit will be refunded to the account to re-advertise. It is imperative to ensure that the information within the advert is accurate prior to submitting.
Amendments cannot be made to adverts outside the 30 minute window. If an advert is deleted, the EducationPosts.ie credit will not be refunded to the account. An additional credit/purchase will be required to re-advertise.
Amendments cannot be made to adverts once you have submitted your advert
for approval and payment has been processed. It is imperative to ensure that
the information within your advert is accurate prior to submitting it for
approval. If amendments are required after this point, a new advert will need
to be uploaded and the previous advert will need to be deleted.
16. Can I upload a document or a link to our school / organisation personalised application form?
Job Advertisers can upload
a URL link to an application form on their own website. Alternatively, you can
upload a PDF document to your advert. Job Seekers will download the document to
their own platform before completing.
17. How do I get a copy of the job post advert that I uploaded to the site?
All job posts uploaded to the site will be stored in the Advertiser Dashboard view. There will be up to four tabs appearing – drafts, pending, active, deactivated. You can select any advert from any of these tabs and print it for reference.
18. Can I see how many views my advert has received?
Within your dashboard
view, select the Active tab. To the right you can see the total
number of views your job advert has received to date.
19. Can I ask Job Seekers to reference a unique Advert ID when applying for job posts?
Every advert placed on
EducationPosts.ie is assigned a unique advert ID once the post is uploaded. You
can ask Job Seekers to reference this unique number on their application form,
cover letter or envelope when applying for a post to your school /
organisation. This would be particularly useful as a distinctive identifier if
you have multiple adverts advertised at any one time.
20. How do I delete an active advert?
In the Advertiser Dashboard, select the Active tab and the advert that you want to
delete. The full advert will be shown to you and a red Delete button will appear on the top right and follow the steps.
21. When do I pay for my advert?
Payment for all adverts need to be processed before your advert is submitted. Payment is made at the Checkout point. Your advert can only be reviewed and approved after payment has been processed.
22. What payment methods can I use?
Payments can be made via Credit Card or PayPal.
23. Can I pay for a number of adverts together?
Adverts are stored in your
Draft view within your Dashboard until you are ready to proceed to Checkout.
You can select multiple adverts from your draft view and proceed to Checkout,
thus making payment and submitting all advert at the same time.
24. I have advertised a Main/Supplementary panel advert for 5 days. Can I re-advertise the same advert for a further 2 days?
Main / Supplementary panel adverts at primary level can initially be advertised for 5 calendar days and payment made on this advert. Should you need to advertise the post for an additional 2 days after the original advert has expired, you can do so without incurring a further cost. This can be done within your Advertiser Dashboard by selecting the relevant advert in the Expired tab. Once in full advert view, select the red Re-advertise button to the top right and follow the steps provided. If the advert is not yet Expired, it cannot be re-advertised. Only the closing and commencement date can be amended when re-advertising.
25. What vacancies are advertised in the ‘Other Education’ section?
Education related job posts
from any of the following can be advertised in the Other Education section: a
private company, charity, government organisation, management body, college,
grind school, language school, institution, agency, an individual, etc.
26. What vacancies are advertised in the International section?
Any Irish or International organisation looking to advertise a job post
outside of Ireland can advertise a post in the International section.
27. Should I use a personal email address or a school / work address to create a Job Advertisers account?
We recommend that work or
school email addresses are used to create Job Advertisers accounts.
28. Can I access a Job Seeker and Job Advertiser account with the same email address?
Job Advertisers can view
job adverts on EducationPosts.ie. However, should you wish to access the
additional Job Seeker features, such as ‘Saving jobs for later’ etc, you will
need to create a separate Job Seeker account with your personal email address.
29. If I have a query, how do I contact EducationPosts.ie?
EducationPosts.ie is a web based service and all queries need to be submitted via email. Access the Contact Us form via the About tab on the toolbar. Alternatively, you can email us on info@EducationPosts.ie